the dump's sportslog - baseball analysis

2.27.2003

 
Spring Training games begin today (as if you didn't know that already), and it feels damn good. I certainly wish I could be down there taking some action in, but I'll have to settle for listening for the time being...at least until tomorrow, when the Red Sox-Boston College game is being televised here in Boston. MLB.com is offering free radio broadcasts of a bunch of preseason games, you should check that out if you're interested.

On a sad and totally unrelated note, the great Fred "Mister" Rogers has passed on. As this site is run by three young men whose lives have been touched by his years of great work and dedication to childrens' television, we will miss him.

Kevin Millar apologizes
Kevin Millar's issued an apology to the Chunichi Dragons organization and their fans. This is nice to see despite the fact that he's handled the situation up to this point in a very unprofessional manner...but I guess it's better than nothing. As I've mentioned before, I don't buy his reasons for backing out of playing in Japan, but it appears now that he never actually signed a contract (despite "agreeing to terms"), so he was within his rights to walk away. I expect him to have a good year in Boston, where I've now got plenty of reason to root against him.

-